Punching and forming technologies
Punching and forming nowadays technologies would be unthinkable without coated tools.
PVD-coated active components offer the following advantages:
- greater number of strokes and longer lifecycles
- greater range of forming and lower cutting forces for fewer steps
- friction-optimised active components need less coolant and lubricant
- fewer build-ups and galling lead to greater production reliability. In addition, the tools need less cleaning and the surface quality of the produced parts rises
- longer lifecycles cut tooling costs radically – likewise the quality costs for each restart