PVD-coated cutting tools offer the following advantages:
- All coated tools exhibit greater cutting performance and yet essentially longer lifecycles.
- The longer lifecycles lead to lower tool needs, and when recoating services are requested in good time this also reduces the number of tools in circulation.
- Expensive special tools last longer, and these longer lifecycles mean also fewer tools in circulation.
- HSC, dry, and hard machining is now possible with special tools.
- Coated tools facilitate or even first make possible machining operations on materials that were earlier considered intractable.
- Regrinded and recoated tools are very nearly as effective as new tools.