CrN (chromium nitride)
Easy care and tough.
CrN is characterised by a good combination of wear resistance and toughness,
which makes it ideal for “thicker” depositions (up to 6 µm).
|Type||Hard material coating|
|Coating thickness||0,5–6 μm|
|Coefficient of friction vs. steel||0,3|
|Coating temperature||200–450 °C|
|max. Service temperature||700 °C|
- replacement for hard chromium
- machining, forming, and punching of nonferrous metals
- casting dies (also plasma nitrided)
- injection moulding inserts
- plasma nitrided machine parts